Monday, January 11, 2010

Journal???




Do you journal???

Anytime I am really serious about losing weight, I write it all down. Everything...even that one little lick of the brownie mix on the bowl.

Usually I go out and buy some beautiful {journal}....but after about 3 weeks of journaling. Somehow, writing down that I ate a Snickers bar, 2 servings of homemade mac n cheese and a coke does not seem to fit my beautiful {journal}.

So I stop. dead in my tracks.

So I put that beautiful journal on my shelf with all my others.

It's a bit depressing and defeating....so now i pose the question "What will make me keep journaling this time?".

i have to think about this but I have some good reasons why I need to...they are pressing on me...maybe, more than ever!

But, one thing I do know, my reasons are not for my mother or my husband or because Dr. Oz told me too-

This time...I bought a journal at the dollar store- putting down that chocolate milkshake(not planning on having one) on those pages just seems to {fit}-

So here's to my journal- I am writing down everything...what I ate...calories....my exercise (that may be just carrying laundry up and down) and anything else pressing on my {soul}-



4 comments:

  1. Blessings to you on this new journey. I'm kind of on this journey too... kind of, becuase instead of exercising right now, I'm sitting on the couch with my coffee and comptuer. :-) But the day is young, and I will arise, and for today, I will exercise and write down what I eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I started Weight Watchers journaling became a big part of my life. Now I'm keeping up with my progress online. I have to admit it is nice to look back (especially, when I get discouraged)and see what I've done and where I've come from. I think writing it downs helps us all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is awesome you write it down-that is something that I have not done-am I afraid to see it in print???
    Probally-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a form in the First Place book. I hate having to write down those snacks- it does look pretty ugly!

    ReplyDelete

this is my journey...what is yours??